Lawndale Presbyterian Church exists to love God and love others. We strive to be this by gathering for worship, growing together in grace, and going out to speak and show the gospel.
Through worship, our central focus is to lift adoration and praise to God. We should honor Him with Psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs. Our worship should be daily, but be enhanced by the gathering together of God’s people to glorify His Name.
To edify the body, we believe faithful preaching and teaching of the Word of God is essential. Further, the Sacraments should be faithfully administered. We strive to pursue deep relationships within the body for encouragement and discipline.
Celebration in worship and a sense of community or body life attracts those outside the fellowship. Through compassion ministries and evangelism, we seek outreach to the needy and lost by being salt and light in the world.
As a church, we are guided by 10 Core Beliefs:
1. The Holy Scriptures are God’s infallible Word to us. (2 Timothy 3.16-17)
2. God exists and acts for us as Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (Luke 3.21-22)
3. The Gospel is Good News we receive and keep receiving. (Colossians 2.6-7)
4. Corporate worship is the high point of our devotion to God. (Psalm 122.1)
5. God’s Covenant promises blessing to believers and their children. (Genesis 17.7)
6. Discipleship requires committed, accountable fellowship. (Hebrews 10.24-25)
7. God calls us to unique roles by which we represent him. (1 Corinthians 7.17)
8. Jesus’ Great Commission is entrusted to all of us. (Matthew 28.18-20)
9. Mercy ministry is an essential outflow of grace received. (Acts 4.34-35)
10. Jesus’ Kingdom is here now and will coming in fullness. (Matthew 6.10; 12.28)